Creative Critical Reflection

 CCR https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FHB6iQUkz75tDJlwkTy1NUH91V-72OPb/view?usp=sharing That is the link for my CCR. Thanks again!

Mar 18, 2022

The Making of a Film Opening: Recording (Pt. 1)

The Making of a Film Opening: Recording (Pt. 1)

Beginning with the Conclusion
At last we made it to the final step: recording our project. We followed our shooting schedule and everything followed smoothly. After school, my partner and I drove back home to record the first minute or so of our film opening, and all I can say is: I'm more than happy with what we got so far. Not only were we able to set up all the lights, props, costume/set design under an hour, but I also recorded multiple shots for each scene so that we could choose which ones were best for use. My partner Santiago played the main character Dave Walker, so I did all the filming. His acting was good; he did a great job depicting the emotion/feeling of each scene as Dave. 

-- How we set up the lighting
 I grabbed my bedside lamp and placed it in one corner of my room, and since the neck of the lamp was bendable, I pointed it in the direction of the bed, but in an upwards position (so it was really pointing to the ceiling). This allowed the camera to pick up on the dimmer light so that we were able to capture everything on screen clearly, and make Dave's Bedroom darker. For the kitchen scene, we used natural light (which worked really well with the phone's camera). 

-- Costume design
Dave walker works in a 5-9 job in the city, he's a briefcase man that doesn't do much. So, my partner brought a plain white button shirt, dark pants, and nice shoes to portray the look. For his natural, at-home look, he wore a hoodie, t-shirt and basketball shorts.

Ending with a Concluding Thought
If we follow our shooting schedule and make sure we get back to work as soon as spring break ends, we will be able to finish recording and editing the film before the due date. The light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter as we plan the week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment